We are thrilled to share that the amazing Rebecca Desnos, who is the creator of the beautiful Plants are Magic journal out of the United Kingdom, featured a piece about Laura Hamill and the Perennial Collective in the magazine's third volume. If you haven't heard of her, Rebecca is a masterful natural dyer, writer, mother and 'all-around plant lover' who lives in the UK and has created and published books and magazines about making all kinds of things with plants. Her aesthetic is extraordinarily lovely.
You can order a copy of this incredible publication, full of reflective writing, practical information and gorgeous photographs and illustrations on their website at https://rebeccadesnos.com/product/volume-3-plants-are-magic-magazine-print/. And yes, it's in British currency, but will automatically convert to USD when you order and arrive promptly from our friends across the pond!
Plants are Magic is an independently published journal and completely ad-free (yay!), with this issue featuring the article "Growing Seasonal Tea" about Laura and Perennial, in addition to many more awesome pieces such as:
- An interview with a knitter who grows and spins their own cotton.
- How to attune your garden to the moon cycles – simple step-by-steps for starting with biodynamic growing.
- Ayurvedic self care daily rituals with 3 plant-based recipes.
- A natural dyeing tutorial with Samorn Sanixay who shows us how to pound flowers into fabric and create beautiful patterned cloth.
- Drawing flower motifs to capture the timeless beauty of the life cycle of a plant.
- Personal stories about connecting with our ancestors through plants.
This is just a small sampling, but you can see why it's right up our alley. We hope you'll order an issue and enjoy all of the contents, including the interview with our own wonderful Laura Hamill. Thank you again to Rebecca for letting us be part of such a special magazine.